The following resources may be helpful for Florida farmers and landowners as the Covid-19 outbreak continues to spread throughout the United States. They include both government and private websites containing helpful information regarding the physical, economic, and social implications of the ongoing pandemic.
Due to the measures that must be taken during a health crisis such as this one, the impact of this outbreak on individuals and small businesses can be profound and long-lasting. These resources might be able to provide essential assistance or a better understanding of the crisis. We have included resources regarding real estate, businesses, taxes, economics, health, and legislation.
Resources from SVN | Saunders Ralston Dantzler Real Estate
Includes several recent webinars on the impacts to Florida's economy and commercial real estate.
- What does the $2 Trillion Federal Relief Package Mean for Agriculture?
For an in-depth analysis of the $2 Trillion Federal Relief Package and it's effects on Agriculture, check out this article by Tyler Davis of SVN | Saunders Ralston Dantzler.
Resources from Sponsors of The Land Journal
Resources from Florida Agriculture Organizations
Here are even more resources that could be useful.Government/Legislation:
- Florida Department of Agriculture (FDACS) Emergency Orders
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- CARES Act
- US Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship: Guide to the CARES Act
- Wall Street Journal CARES Act Overview
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Executive Orders
- Florida State Emergency Response Team Updates
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Department of Homeland Security Guidance
Identifies residential and commercial real estate as essential critical infrastructure.
- Florida Department of Revenue Emergency Orders Regarding Sales and Property Tax
The date for citizens and businesses to pay property taxes in all Florida Counties is extended from March 31st to April 15th.
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Florida Bankers PPP Outline
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Coronavirus Emergency Loans
Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program
Small business owners with two to 100 employees can apply for short-term loans up to $50,000.
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Employer Paid Leave Requirements
- Florida Reemployment Assistance Program
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Central Florida Development Council
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Coronavirus Relief
- National Law Review: Tax Implications of Covid-19
- Tax Foundation: Tax Policy and The Coronavirus
- American Institute of CPAs
- PwC: Tax Research and Insights
- PwC: Employee Retention Tax Credit
- KPMG: Tax Developments
- Ernst & Young Tax NOL & tax discussion
- Hamic Previte & Sturwold, PA
- Moody’s Analytics: Coronavirus Effects
- Anna Scherbina, American Enterprise Institute: Determining the optimal duration of the COVID-19 suppression policy
An economic cost-benefit analysis of various response scenarios.
- State Financial Reserves
- K.C. Conway, Economist for CCIM: Coronavirus Update
- Dr. Jerry Parrish, Chief Economist for Florida Chamber Foundation: By the Numbers March 2020
- Johns Hopkins’ ARCGIS Dashboard
Worldwide aggregated data updated every few hours.
- World Health Organization Covid-19 (WHO)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Our World in Data
Extensive statistics and analysis compiled from various sources.
- Florida Department of Health
Do you have any questions for The Land Journal sponsors or SVN | Saunders Ralston Dantzler ag and land advisors? We are here to help.